Any Citizen, Group or Organization can join us to participate in the Hunger strike on a local level across the entire country.
The Hunger Strike is scheduled to start on Monday, June 25th at 8:00 AM and end on Thursday, June 28th at 6:00 PM.
- Download & print copies of the Hunger Strike flyer. (Front Side) (Back Side)
- Download & print copies of the HUNGER STRIKE BACK PLEDGE & RELEASE FORM
- Sign up a group of local participants.
- Download a copy of the Press Release & send to local Newspapers, Television Stations & Radio Stations
- Recruit a spokesperson to be interviewed by the media. This person should be articulate & familiar with the issues pertaining to the Postal Service.
- It is suggested, although not required, that you hold a Rally, Press Conference, Protest or March on the last Day, Thursday, June 28th to highlight & create a Grand Finale to the Hunger Strike.
Sign up to organize your Local Hunger Strike Back (Click Here)
A hunger strike is a method of non-violent resistance or pressure in which participants fast as an act of political protest, or to provoke feelings of guilt in others, usually with the objective to achieve a specific goal, such as a policy change. Most hunger strikers will take liquids but not solid food.
Many of us go on restricted diets to lose weight. This is not really much different except you are fasting for 4 days for a good cause, to bring public attention to Congress forced over funding into the Postal Service’s Retirement & Health Care Funds. Starving the Post Office to death, due to lack of enough operational revenue…
Conditions to Participate: You are required to pledge to fast for 4 days. This means you drink as much of any liquids that you choose, but you can eat no solid food for those 4 days. The liquids you choose are up to you.
What does it mean to Endorse the Hunger Strike ?
Endorsement requires no more than going to the sign up page (link) and filling in the blanks. Endorsement means you agree with the Hunger Strike Action & that Congress needs to stop the overpayment into Retirement & Healthcare Funds. That’s all, No further action is expected or required. No Strings Attached. Its that Easy !.
CPWU ® Administrator: Robert T. Dodge © 2012